Monday, June 16, 2008

Parks!

So, I was walking my two little cousins with my younger sister around the park. It was super, super fun! The sprinklers were on, so we got to try and dodge them and got to laugh every time we failed (which was every time ;) ). But, there was this guy mowing the lawn, and he kept staring at us...that was kind of creepy...considering he was in his like...thirties? Not that I have anything against men in their thirties - my daddy's one of 'em. But...when the stare at young girls...that's the creepy part...

So, we're walking and we get past the sprinklers to the dry sidewalk, and I toss my hair aside - I mean, it was hot, who can blame me, right? Well, four teenage (seventeen, I'm guessing) boys were driving past (*mutters bad words under breath*) and they honked and whistled at me. I was a tad more than surprised, but, my little sister was with me. So, instead of flirting like I would usually do (haha, I'm such a naughty girl...) I just sighed and rolled my eyes (melodramatically, I might add).

THEN (I know, I know. You're all thinking OMJ! When is this lady going to stop? This is the last one, I promise. At least, about the park...) we're walking and Miranda (my sister) brings up how three guys are staring at her. 'Blasted beetle...' I continue thinking a bunch of strings of words in my mind as I glance over to see an older brother watching his three younger brothers. And he looks up. And smiled and blushed. And looked down. Now, come on guys! That made my day! After being stared at, honked at, whistled at...this guy just smiled at me!

So, being the shy little girl I am, I just left it at that, and played with my cousins. Then we walked home. It was super hot, so we all decided that we just wanted to get into our air conditioned home. Well, my cousins all left, and it's super quiet around here. It's like in the horror movies when everything gets really quiet, and you KNOW something big is about to happen. Darn. I'm scared now. Well, that's about it. See y'all!

3 comments:

Maryn said...

Woot! Go you! That'd actually make me happy if some 17 year old guys honked and whistled at me. And then the smile. . . That'd be an amazing day for me!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the other day at the pool, some stupid guy swims by and says "Hey hot stuff!" to either me or my cousin or both. We both just cracked up. It was pretty funny but still, what do ya say?

Annika said...

hahaha!!!! your silly!!!
last saturday i was doing this model thing in my stakes gettogether thing... and i had guys screaming for me... and i had one guy yell "HEY HOT MOMMA!" i about bust up.. but we weren't suposed to smile... it was really hard not to!!!

Blog Archive