Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yesterday...

Okay, to start things off, I'm going to mention the new layout. Yes, I know, it's gorgeous, and I'm a genius for putting together the colors :) Thank you!

Next up - to the actual complaining part - I'm going to rant about my day. Well, actually, I'm ranting about yesterday. But, whatever. So, I wake up at eight, right? Way, way, way, way earlier than I'd like to wake up. Especially on the only day that I get to sleep in. I get to spend an hour in the car with a few people that I didn't particularly want to be in the car with, driving with the bad air quality (which is equivilant to two packs of cigarettes), for an hour. That's right. An hour. It was not fun. At all. So, we finally reach our destination (the open house of the Draper temple), and it's mass confusion. It was mostly our faults, but still - it was chaotic. The temple it's self was gorgeous, and I'm very happy I went, but... ugh, getting there, and then going back... not so much fun.

So, I finally get home, right? And my mother springs the information on me that we're going to Hill (Air Force Base) to work out, because the air quality outside is too bad to run in. The air quality that I was just breathing in the car. If that isn't annoying... you tell me what is. Let me make something very clear here... I hate. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. HATE, HATE, HATE (x a billion and two) working out in front of people. So, working out in a gym really, really, really bothers me. So, after much arguing, the whole family is in the car, a little on edge with each other, and on our way to the gym. Whoot. We worked out for two and a half hours, I kid you not. I ran, I lifted, I stretched, I biked, I climbed stairs, and then... my father and I went to the professional gym. That was terrifying - most of the people there were men. Men who were very sweaty, and working out. It was gross. And terrifying. Needless to say, poor Mallory got stared at a lot - I imagine they were thinking something along the lines of, What the heck?! What is a teenage chick doing in here? Albeit, there were women there, just... not... women who were... like me. Young, lanky and really, really confused about all of the machines. So, that was really fun.

So, we're in the car, and I'm suddenly informed, that my parents are going out to dinner with their friends, and I'm babysitting their kids. Triplets. Six year olds. For free. For three hours. Or more. Yeah, I was horrified. To say the very least. So, I demand that I get their older brother as well - because at least he'll know how to get them to stop fighting with each other (they're constantly arguing, and making each other cry). And, I also call Madi, because she'll keep the triplets entertained (she's friends with them). That brings up a problem though - Caden and the older broher are friends too, and if Madi gets to play with her friends, why can't Caden get to play with his friend? So, Caden obviously gets to come with us too. And then, we can't leave Miranda all alone! So, she's along for the ride as well. If you can't do the math, that's seven kids that I'm supposed to be watching - for free, while my parents go out to eat with their friends, and my siblings all get to play with their friends. I had a mental break down - I'm not joking. For an hour and a half, I was sobbing hysterically. I mean, it might help that I was terribly PMSy. But, seriously, you might freak out if you found out that you were babysitting seven kids for three hours (or more) for free, who all fight with each other. I won't go into the details to spare my parents, but, basically, I really, really, really freaked out. Running eye-liner, running to my room, throwing the dusting rag that I was holding, and then - it was just bad. To say the very least. And with all my begging to get out of it, it was decided that I would babysit seven kids. So, to sum up my day...

8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Getting ready for the temple/going to the temple/seeing the temple/coming back from the temple

12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Eating lunch, getting ready for gym

12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Going to HAFB/Working out/coming back

3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Chores

3:30 PM - 5:00 PM Mental break down

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM More chores, eating dinner

5:30 PM - 8:30 PM Babysitting

8:30 PM - 9:00 PM Going next door to help with the babysat's science project

9:00 PM - 11:00 PM My free time - computer

11:00 PM - bed time.

So, that was my day. Just looking back at it makes me want to cry... so much time was actually used... with things that I really, really didn't want to do!!

No comments:

Blog Archive